Our Network: VGFacts - DidYouKnowGaming? - The Spriters Resource
Facebook - Twitter Highlights - Twitter Updates - YouTube

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
CLXcool's art and stuff
Might wanna put some of that in spoilers, nsfw and all.
Thanked by: CLXcool
Fixed that.
My FA account(fan-art only)
Youtube
Newgrounds(Become a fan and keep up with my work,leave feedback on my original material please)

Winner of Best Rant, Best Dream, and Worse Luck of 2016
Thanked by: Psychospacecow
Not a good critic personally, but I can give you this much. You seem to go with a "sexy" style a lot, but your proportions need some work. That's what I would focus on personally, but again, I'm not a good critic.
Thanked by:
I'm not going to update this until I get some recent feedback on this. I'm sorry if I'm sounding bitter. But I've been going through a phase lately about feeling bitter about my original material artwork. Everyone just seems to be interested in fan-made stuff and shitty fan created bullshit over origanilty.

As for proportions. I've gotten some of them right. I'm not a perfect artist, but I know how the anatomy works for the bodies. I'll save from posting anymore artwork on this topic until I hear from other users what they think about my art. Like I said. I'm just in a bitter mood about my originally art.
Youtube
Newgrounds(Become a fan and keep up with my work,leave feedback on my original material please)

Thanked by:
Can't say I much blame you. Its one of those industries where you either make money or don't, ya know?
(11-11-2014, 10:41 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Can't say I much blame you. Its one of those industries where you either make money or don't, ya know?

Yeah, its a gamble. But i never intended on breaking ground into Hollywood to begin with since they'll never hire a guy like me thats open to new ideas. 
Youtube

Thanked by:
I wouldn't say that. Its all about selling it from their perspective. Change comes slow, but if nothing new ever happened, we wouldn't have cartoons, we wouldn't have horror, we wouldn't have fancy camera tricks. Heck, we wouldn't have color or sound and we might not have radio.
Thanked by:
I'm liking the originality.
My biggest thing about the pinup vampires is that when the coloring was done, I couldn't differentiate between where something ended and something else began, i.e. one has her hands on her breasts (I think. It's on the previous page in mobile and I can't go back without losing this text I'm Swypeing). I can't tell if they're just there in front of her, she's covering them or she's fondling her nipples. Try using an alternate color for the outline. If you're drawing with black, maybe use white where the two black colorings would meet. Let's say she has a red cape. Try red to outline her arms and hands where the two blacks would meet if she was outlined in black.
Also, the coloring seems like sometimes it's pressed too hard all at once. Start coloring gradually and lightly. Turn that pencil sideways and lightly stroke what you want to cover, that way white doesn't show through the pencil strokes. Then go more firmly until the desired color and coverage.
If you do shading, gradually get darker away from the light source. I can't give you any advice on digital art for shading, except maybe try cel shading.
Also, if you're having trouble with seeing the back and forth strokes or you want to try to soften things up (good for when two colors need to blend), try a colorless blender pencil. Heard of it? They're wonderful.
Dude, have fun with it. Enjoy your creations.
Johnny Rocketfinger looked like one bad dude. Maybe you and your da friends can create more characters like him. Each with minor differences that sets them apart; mustache, goatee, spiky hair that looks like flames, or something like that. Maybe some with different body types with the facial differences - inspiration coming from combat madness on YouTube. Simple, simple guys.
Hope it helps, hope it inspires, hope it doesn't sound harsh because that's not at all what I went for.
Do your thing, man.
[Image: I1XHd2G.jpg]
[Image: t4Ox2aX.jpg][Image: FVsjqh3.jpg][Image: dLf2shK.jpg][Image: zJb6tFK.jpg]
Man, Mr. McGroove just doesn't look right without a cat hidden somewhere.
Thanked by: Kakariko Kid, CLXcool
(03-16-2015, 09:08 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Man, Mr. McGroove just doesn't look right without a cat hidden somewhere.

Next time I draw him I'll add his cat. 
Youtube

Thanked by: Psychospacecow
(03-16-2015, 09:08 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Man, Mr. McGroove just doesn't look right without a cat hidden somewhere.

I fixed it. ;)
[Image: 1kmhQ8f.jpg]
ride or die

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=13146183]
E3 Countdown

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-1783-3356-5021  Steam ID: BoJoRo  Twitter: @b8dag
McGroove has a black cat, if I'm not mistaken. But, that made me laugh.
[Image: I1XHd2G.jpg]
[Image: t4Ox2aX.jpg][Image: FVsjqh3.jpg][Image: dLf2shK.jpg][Image: zJb6tFK.jpg]
(03-19-2015, 12:47 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: McGroove has a black cat, if I'm not mistaken. But, that made me laugh.

It was the only photo of a cat I had on my iPad at the moment. (My internet hadn't been set up in my new house yet.)
ride or die

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=13146183]
E3 Countdown

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-1783-3356-5021  Steam ID: BoJoRo  Twitter: @b8dag
Here's some digital stuff before I go on my vacation. Feedback would be nice for these

Bombzo blowing off some steam(tagged under spoiler for a reason for some curising). Did these after the rude message I got from that gothic brat on DA
and I colored one of John K's(ren and stimpy) sketches of Sody pop that he did sometime in 2008. 
[Image: sody_pop_doodle_by_clxcool-d8pcqls.png]
Youtube

Thanked by:
Man, it feels like a ghost town on here with the lack of feedback on here. Anyways. Here's more doodles for all of you.

A recent caricature. If you want the story of this, head over to the vent. This brat is about to get a taste of criticism oil(my mother thought that was a clever concept).

[Image: have_a_dose_of_criticism_by_clxcool-d8slb0i.jpg]

Two pieces of bombzo art that were stress relievers on what happened to me on what happened on May 4th(Star wars day)
[Image: take_down_your_winter_crap_by_clxcool-d8s6za2.jpg]
[Image: one_of_those_days_when_mondays_suck_by_c...8s5i0p.jpg]
The sega channel icon guy(I drew this for an art jam for obscure characters)
[Image: tumblr_nny8flvnJT1us9swvo2_1280.png]

Natstassia-Slinky from Twisted tales of Felix the Cat. There wasn't a whole lot of fan-art of her(which was a surprise to me) and I decided to draw her for the obscure character art jam 
[Image: tumblr_nny8flvnJT1us9swvo3_540.jpg]

I drew Croc for the obscure character jam as well since not a whole lot of people know who Croc is.
[Image: tumblr_nny8flvnJT1us9swvo1_540.png]

Remember that adoptable character I mentioned? Here's a sketch of her. Her name is Voodoo(at the moment until I can think of a better name). I might use this for an RPG game that I'm developing. Her magic changes when her emotions are messed with(e.g if saddened her magic will be mostly ice and water, if angry it would be earth and fire magic). The stronger the emotion, the stronger the magic.
[Image: kioler_facial_concepts_by_clxcool-d8sbbc2.jpg]
Youtube